The Chaos

The Chaos

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Deck the Halls

"Haul out the holly, put up the tree before my spirit falls again"


Christmas may "sneak" up on us every year, but I am so glad that it's finally here.
The sights, sounds, and smells of the season overwhelm my senses in a very good way and always leave me feeling excited and full of some good ol' fashioned Christmas spirit.

This weekend our little band of chaos set up our Christmas tree and "hauled out the holly" in the rest of the house. In fact, my nephew Cayd and I decorated almost every room of the house, draping Christmas lights wherever we could. It is quite festive.

The kids were excited and anxiously waited for Michael to get home so we could all put on the ornaments together. It was one of those moments where I didn't mind the craziness and noise. I love seeing the holidays through their eyes. Everything is beautiful and thrilling. Christmas is the perfect time of year to revert back to our childlike senses. Decking the halls was a family occasion.





And now that the tree is up and stockings are hung.... Christmas is most definitely here.
Just 24 days til Santa!




No comments:

Post a Comment