The Chaos

The Chaos

Friday, July 15, 2011

Six Week Countdown

For the last 34 weeks my body has been busy providing nutrition and energy to the miracle that is rapidly growing in my belly. In six weeks (give or take), we will finally meet the cause of my discomforts and growing body shape.


The countdown is on.
And I'm anxious.
Late at night when I should be getting much needed rest, I'm tossing and turning, thinking....
- when will it happen
- will I go into labor on my own or need to be induced again
- will everything go well/be healthy
- how will the other kids handle it
- will the other babies cope with mommy being away for a few days
- will my body recover quickly from the labor and delivery
- how will I handle the "baby blues"
- will Michael be able to help me as much as I need him?

The list goes on and on.
I know, I worry too much.

am just as excited as I am worried though.
I am excited about meeting her for the first time and I wonder what color her hair will be, what about her eyes? Won't she look cute in all her little outfits? Will she coo and enjoy the attention from her sweet siblings?

My mind becomes overwhelmed with the "what ifs" and the waiting.
I'm not a patient person.

Hmmm, an impatient over-worrier, maybe a lethal combination!

In the midst of all that worrying and impatience, however, is the sweet relief that I find in knowing that God is in control and watching out for my precious Alena and all my babies... and yes, even watching over this mommy. I know that all things will happen in His time and that He will protect and care for us. I know that He will walk me through each step. And there's a peace in the midst of the countdown knowing that I don't have to be the one in control of this life. I have to remind myself of that daily though. :)

Be in prayer for me and our baby girl these next few weeks. We don't have long to wait until she gets to meet the chaos face to face! She'll fit right in, I'm sure.



Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment