The Chaos

The Chaos

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We are not as strong as we think we are....

I like to think of myself as superwoman, super mom, wonder wife.

But some days I don't quite feel like it. I feel frail, exhausted, unworthy, helpless.
Being a mom breaks you down,  and reveals your weaknesses at the same time as your strengths. And honestly, lately I have not been myself. Pregnancy has a way of removing your ability to function, expecially this pregnancy. I have been nauseous, unbelievably tired, and cranky. Not being able to eat what I want, going to bed before the kids, unable to move some days from fear of being sick. It's amazing how a little baby growing inside of me could affect me in such tremendous ways.

And yet through all of the recent discomfort, I have learned a valuable lesson.

I am not as strong as I think I am.

I am vulnerable. I am able to be hurt and broken. I am weak.
And yet, I am able to be loved and helped. Sometimes the help comes from my kids, my husband, my sister in law. Sometimes the help comes from the encouragement of friends. But most times the help comes from realizing that I am not alone in my pain and suffering, that I have a Savior that is watching over me. He can't make the aches of pregnancy disappear but He can walk me through the process. And He can teach me that it's okay to ask for help.

Are you a closet super hero? Do you feel like you can conquer the world?
Don't get too prideful, because it will set you up for a fall. Realize that it's okay to not be able to do it all and that asking for help isn't the end of the world or admitting defeat. Asking for help means you have learned true wisdom and success.

 (ps... check out the song "We are not as strong as we think are" by Rich Mullins, you can find it on YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment