The Chaos

The Chaos

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day Two- Thankfulness

It's Friday, that's enough to be thankful for in itself!

This week has been one full of domestic bliss. Dean Kelly decided on Monday that staying in his pajamas and enjoying the four walls of our home sounded better than leaving for any reason. Due to our hermit-like behavior, the house felt incredibly messy.

Wait.
Who am I kidding? It feels like that EVERY week!

I tested myself one day on how much time was spent in a normal day performing the "usual" household duties. From 7:30am to 3:30pm, I spent approximately three hours just cleaning. That three hours was not consecutive but included the pick up time after breakfast, cleaning up toys, sweeping, pick up time after lunch, and otherwise regular straightening up of toys, clothes, and everything in between. I have yet to figure out how much time I clean on days when I am scrubbing bathrooms, mopping floors, etc. I might be frightened to find out. Especially when at the end of the day it looks like I have hardly cleaned a thing.

For all of those cleaning reasons and many more - I am thankful for...


Clorox Wipes, God's gift to Obsessive Compulsive stay at home moms.
I wipe down everything with these. Everything but the children.
They are my saving grace when it comes to my household chores and when we run out, well... we try not to run out of these in a house of five children and three adults.

But my thankfulness for these runs deeper than my ridiculous cleaning habits.

You surely understand that life is messy. Everything never goes as planned and sometimes there are accidents, and those are always a pain to clean up. We muddy things up with our mistakes, our sins.
That is why we have Jesus. Don't flog for me comparing the King of Kings to cleaning supplies, but seriously its true, Jesus Christ cleans up our mess. In fact we are told that though our sins are red as scarlet that He would make us whiter than snow (Isaiah 1:18).

Everyday I sweep up this from my living room and dining room floors.


I clean up everyday after my chaotic crew. And even though with each brush of the sweep or wipe of the Clorox, I know that tomorrow I will clean it all over again. Of course we don't sin just so we can experience the cleaning power of grace but we know that when we do make a mess of things that our Savior is waiting to clean us up again.

My kids are lucky to have such a willing maid for a mother.

And I am lucky to have such a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment