The Chaos

The Chaos

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wearing my badge

Having four children is a badge I wear with honor and pride.
I know that we are not like the "average" American household with 2.5 kids (btw, where do you find half a kid?) but we are blessed.

We are an unconventional, blended, and happy family.
We may not be the average but I think we're all okay with that.

Having four children, however proud I may be, is sometimes difficult to manage.
Between the endless loads of laundry, the always unpleasant homework hour, dinners for a large family, grocery shopping and grocery bills, and the everyday "ins and outs" of our lives... it's easy to get lost in the mundane routines.

I try desperately to have time with my children. Whether it's individually or as a group, we try to have time together in the midst of the rollarcoaster of weekly events and activities. It's important even if that connecting time is in front of the TV watching a movie or outside as they scream and run through the yard, or just over the dinner table. We are a family and sometimes that means that we have to make intentional efforts to do more than just exist under the same roof.

I said all that, to say this.
My Gaffner Chaos is composed of myself and my husband and four totally individual and unique children. Children who are different and yet the same, similar and yet totally opposite.
And I am going to "spotlight" each part of our chaos over the next several blogs.
Because there is more to our chaos than meets the eye and my kids are worth the spotlight time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment